The BruinCard is UCLA’s official identification card used to confirm your student status and assist you with multiple campus services. Please note: campus service availability may vary due to COVID-19.
You’ll use your BruinCard in the following ways:
- Official University ID used to verify your identity for campus events, UCLA department services, school exams and applicable university promotions and discounts
- Debit card feature lets cardholders make purchases at any BruinCard merchant, purchase textbooks, food, printing, pay for laundry and more; make deposits online, in the BruinCard office, or at a BruinCard machine on campus
- Library card used to access computers, books and late night study sessions
- Gym pass for entry into gym and recreation facilities
- Meal card to allow entry into dining halls; use your Housing meal plan or BruinCard funds to pay
- Building access card allowing entry into locations you have authorization to access, e.g. your residence hall and, in some cases, your room
- Laundry card for machines in on-campus residence halls and University Apartments
The BruinCard Center is providing cards by appointment.
For incoming students for the fall, apply at least two weeks prior to the start of your New Student Orientation session. To apply:
- Visit the BruinCard website and click on “Submit Photo” on the menu (you’ll need your UCLA Logon ID).
- Submit a passport quality photo with a plain white background. You’ll receive a completion email 1-2 business days later stating whether your photo was approved. If your photo is rejected, you can resubmit your photo as needed.
If You Already Have a BruinCard
- If you have a BruinCard from attending a UCLA Summer Session, you can continue to use that card as a regular UCLA student.
- If you have a BruinCard from a different affiliation with UCLA (e.g. healthcare volunteer badge, UCLA Extension student) and your previous card has been unused for one year or more, your card will be considered a first-time BruinCard.