Getting Your BruinCard
For Fall 2021, the BruinCard Center is operating at a satellite location and BruinCards will be included in your mailed New Student Orientation promotional package (if you apply on time) or by appointment.
Apply at least two weeks prior to the start of your New Student Orientation session. To apply:
- Visit the BruinCard website and click on “Submit Photo” on the menu (you’ll need your UCLA Logon ID).
- Submit a passport quality photo with a plain white background. You’ll receive a completion email 1-2 business days later stating whether your photo was approved. If your photo is rejected, you can resubmit your application as needed.
- First-time BruinCards for incoming students for fall 2021 will be mailed to the official address on file with UCLA prior to the beginning of the term. Please make sure that your information on MyUCLA is up-to-date.
- When you receive the card, verify your mailed BruinCard.
If you did not receive your BruinCard in the mail because you missed the photo submission deadline, please submit your photo as soon as possible. You may need to make an appointment to process your BruinCard after September 15.
If You Already Have a BruinCard
- If you have a BruinCard from attending a UCLA Summer Session, you can continue to use that card as a regular UCLA student.
- If you have a BruinCard from a different affiliation with UCLA (e.g. healthcare volunteer badge, UCLA Extension student) and your previous card has been unused for one year or more, your card will be considered a first-time BruinCard.
In either case, if you don’t have your old card, you must pay a $25 replacement fee.
If You Need a Card But Can’t Attend Remote New Student Orientation
If you can’t make it to Remote Orientation, please Ask Bruincard at the BruinCard website to make an appointment.