Getting Your BruinCard
Incoming students for the fall should submit their BruinCard photo by July 1, 2024 to receive a BruinCard during their new student orientation session.
To submit your photo:
- Visit the BruinCard photo submission portal
- Submit a passport quality photo with a plain white background. You’ll receive a completion email 1-2 business days later stating whether your photo was approved. If your photo is rejected, you can resubmit your photo as needed.
While you are encouraged to submit your photo online by July 1, please do not visit the BruinCard office or schedule an appointment before your orientation session. If you will not receive your card during orientation, you can schedule a BruinCard appointment after September 1, 2024.
If You Already Have a BruinCard
- If you have a BruinCard from attending a UCLA Summer Session, you can continue to use that card as a regular UCLA student.
- If you have a BruinCard from a different affiliation with UCLA (e.g. healthcare volunteer badge, UCLA Extension student) and your previous card has been unused for one year or more, your card will be considered a first-time BruinCard.
- If you want to exchange your current BruinCard for a new one and retake your photo, you can schedule a BruinCard appointment after September 1, 2024.