UCLA Cub Tours is a volunteer student organization whose mission is to educate, motivate and inspire students in elementary and middle school to pursue higher education through tours of our campus.
Our volunteer Cub Guides welcome over 20,000 visitors annually. We primarily serve low-income and underrepresented students from across the Greater Los Angeles area, however we also see many out-of-state and international visitors.
Our volunteer Cub Guides are UCLA students who provide tours for groups of younger students, accompanied by their parents and school chaperones.
Prospective Cub Guides:
- The application for the 2020-2021 school year is now open. If interested, please complete your application by Wednesday, January 20, 2021.
Program time commitment:
- One 90-minute tour per week
- One hour-long meeting every week: Thursdays, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Advocate and help create access to higher education for younger students
- Connect with younger students during your college years
- Build community and learn more about campus
- Polish your public speaking skills
- Earn volunteer hours
- Leadership opportunities available