Transfer Preparation Requirements — Human Biology and Society (B.A.)*
- One course in human evolution
- One year of biology with lab for the major (evolution, cellular)
- One course in statistics
- One semester of general chemistry
- Three courses from the following:
- Philosophy (contemporary moral issues, political philosophy, philosophy of science, or ethical theory)
- Introduction to gender studies
- Sociocultural anthropology
- Cultural geography
- Introduction to sociology
- Introduction to Chicana/Chicano Studies (social structure & contemporary conditions)
To be considered for this major, a minimum of five preparatory courses must be completed by the spring before transfer.
See life sciences majors section for requirements for the B.S. degree in this subject.
* This major is highly selective. Demand for this major significantly exceeds space available.
* Students are classified as Pre-Human Biology and Society until lower division preparation courses are completed at UCLA.
Back to requirements for all College majors list