Reporting Changes to Your Application

Note: For security reasons, please do not include your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) when contacting us in writing. Please include your UC Application ID number.

If you’re a current applicant and need to report changes to the information previously submitted on your application, please contact us.

Changes may include (but are not limited to):

  • Changes to personal information
  • Withdrawing your application
  • Requesting a major change (see deadlines below)
  • Corrections to non-academic info
  • Transfer student updates to coursework
  • Freshman updates to coursework

Last Day to Change Your Major

If you want to change your major after you’ve submitted your application, contact us with your request. Majors can’t be changed after the dates indicated below.


Deadlines for Changing Majors

Change your major to:


Any major in the College* or Samueli School of Engineering

January 31

Any major in the schools of the Arts and Architecture, Music, Nursing or Theater, Film and Television**

November 30

*Excludes communication; applicants can’t change into this program after November 30. Also note: the communication major is not open to freshmen, and the "undeclared" majors are not open to transfer applicants.

**Any required supplemental applications must be submitted by their deadlines.

Learn more about UCLA
Hear more about events in your area, application deadlines and more.