Unless otherwise stated in your Admission Contract (which you can view on the MyApplication Status website), you must send us official transcripts for your college coursework by the following dates:
Deadlines for Transcripts
Must be received by
All courses taken through the spring 2021 term
July 1, 2021*
All courses taken in summer 2021 (if any)
September 1, 2021
Please report changes to us if any names on previous records differ from the names you provided on your application form.
* Students from institutions ending in late June (e.g., De Anza/Foothill) should submit transcript(s) as soon as all grades are posted.
UCLA needs official transcripts from all institutions you have attended. Unless specifically requested in your Admission Contract, we do not require a high school transcript. You may view a copy of your Admission Contract on the MyApplication Status website.
Electronic transcripts are our preferred method of submission and are accepted from the following vendors:
- Credentials, Inc.
- National Student Clearinghouse
We must receive your transcript directly from the transcript vendor. Make sure to select UCLA Undergraduate Admission if required by vendor.
We won’t accept transcripts sent through email as official. If your school doesn’t utilize these vendors, you’ll need to submit official paper copies of your documents.
Please note: Once the transcript is downloaded by our office, processing time is still required. Please allow up to 10 business days for MyUCLA to be updated.
If your school is unable to send electronic transcripts via the approved vendors listed above, paper transcripts can be mailed to:
UCLA Undergraduate Admission
1147 Murphy Hall, Box 951436
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1436
Note: Paper documents will only be considered official if they are sent in a sealed school envelope with a stamp or signature on the flap of the envelope.
If you passed any Advanced Placement (AP) or higher-level International Baccalaureate (IB) exams, the official results must be received by our office by July 1, 2021.
Contact the testing agency to have the official results sent to UCLA
- AP: (888) 225-5427 (UCLA's AP code is 004837)
- IB: (301) 202-3025
Provided we receive your official results, credit from these exams should appear on your record some time during your first term at UCLA.
AP Credit awarded at UCLA:
UCLA awards credit for AP exams with scores of 3 or higher. The credit you receive depends on the College/School your major belongs to:
IB Credit awarded at UCLA:
UCLA awards college credit for most IB higher-level exams with scores of 5 or higher. (We don’t award college credit for standard-level exams.) The specific credit you receive depends on the College/School your major belongs to:
If you have obtained full IGETC, please review the following guidelines:
- (UCLA Preferred Method) Your school may issue a notation on your official transcript instead of issuing a separate certification form. UCLA will accept the notation if it clearly indicates the following: “full UC IGETC certification”
- OR if your school can only issue a separate IGETC certification form (no notation on transcript), we will accept this document. Please make sure it indicates “full” and “UC” in the form.
If you have obtained a partial IGETC, please review the following guideline:
- Your school must issue the IGETC certification form that clearly indicates which areas were completed for the partial UC IGETC.
- A notation on the transcript will not suffice and credit will not be awarded.
If you completed IGETC or UC Reciprocity, submit your official certification by September 1, 2021.
You can check to see whether your transcripts and test scores have been received on MyUCLA.